Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Death Inception by Tamara Rose Blodgett

Kyle Ulysses Hart and his team of scientists mapped the human genome in the year 2010. As Brain Impulse Technology came online... so did the long arm of the United States government. A covert, military-driven regime was born with genetic manipulation the key to future widespread control.

When pharmaceutical laboratories, funded by the Graysheets, discover a way to unlock paranormal potential through compulsive inoculation, their exploitative dream is realized.

Clyde and Caleb's lives are predestined to intertwine as they cross paths, his history becoming Caleb's future.

A lone teenager named Jeffrey Parker, falls prey when he manifests the rare, Affinity for the Dead.The Graysheets abandon all pretense of stewardship, ripping him from his family for their nefarious purposes.


Can Jeffrey remain who he was destined to be in an environment exclusively built for mass control?


Lori's Review: 5 Stars...did you think it would be less? Silly you.
We all know my love affair with Ms. Blodgett's work. It is borderline stalkerish. However, I had serious doubts about me loving this book. I knew I would like it...come on, it's like Tamara guys. She's awesomesauce. Why, you ask, did I doubt my love then?
Well, let me tell you. I hate prequels. Period. Remember V.C. Andrews? Her estate wrote a bunch of prequels to most of her her original (written by her) series. Which was the Flowers in the Attic Series and Heaven...although I think she might have outlined Dawn...anyway I digress. That's not allowed and I am reviewing wrong. My apologies. I HATED them. No it's not because I didn't like the new ghost writer. I had no trouble following "V.C." through the Dawn Series, Ruby, and Melody. (Hey, I know that's not what the series are actually called. That is just how I think of them. Get off my back.)
I was, also, worried that without Jonesy, Caleb and Gramps that it wouldn't "feel" like a Death novel.
Boy was I WRONG. Not only are some of the gang in the book...but they are adorable. I can't say more. I'm trying not to be a spoiler hag.
Clyde alive and free...oh my. He was thee man! Whew, sensitive alpha male right there. He got stuff done even back in the day. Woo-wee. Clearly Clyde dies. That is not a spoiler guys. He's a zombie...Hello. It was sad. But awesome too. I love zombie Clyde. But I wish he could have finished his life too. It's a complicated thing folks.
When I finished I was like....that's it. Really? I want to know what happens next. Facepalm...Lori you idiot...it's called Death Whispers...you read it already!!! (And loved it. Of course. What kind of stalker would I be if I didn't).
Overall, this book is a great addition to the series and gives a lot of background. I feel like I understand much much more of this series and I am excited to see what happens next for the Death Crew.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for reading and reviewing my work! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. De nada chica. I put my review up on amazon and added a bunch of tags to it. Got to practice what I preach!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tagged you for the Liebster blog award.For details follow this link:http://perrytheplatypus1102-3daydreamer3.blogspot.com/2012/06/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I am a new member… Thanks for the followhttp://dawnandwinniebookreviews.blogspot.com/p/giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete