Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Dark Faerie Tale #2

Ever Fire

by Alexia Purdy

 


From Goodreads:

The Serenity of the Land of Faerie is threatened as the Unseelie Queen Aveta rages war against the three remaining Seelie Realms of Faerie. As Shade's powers grow, she finds she is running out of time to keep the war from spilling into the human world. Winter is growing in strength as the evil Queen's horrifying legions scar the land in their frigid wake. No one is safe. Shade becomes enemy number one for the Unseelie legions. Questioning her true role of power, Shade discovers the cost of winning may come at a much higher price than she ever imagined.

Lori's Review: 4.5 Stars (I took half a star off for my favorite character being absent for most of the book. Subjective much? Yes.)

I loved Shade in this book. She really really grew as a character. She is finally getting some gumption. I can't wait to see where Alexia takes her next. She is absoloutely the star of this one. My favorite fae boyfriend was absent through most of the book which allowed Shade to take front stage. She is learning her powers and becoming less frazzled. This book has no "slow parts". The characters and storyline are already established so Alexia just jumps right in where Ever Shade left off. The list of baddies is growing and not everything seems to be black and white for a few of them. We still haven't met the big baddie Aveta face to face but Shade has. Judging by Shades exerpince we are going to LOVE seeing Shade take her on once she comes into her powers. Even though my favorite boy fae wasn't in this book, the second best steps up to the plate. We get to see more of him and I am not all that impressed. Once I choose a character I am loyal to that one.
Overall this book was well written, a thrill ride and, well, just amazing! I cannot wait for Ever Winter.



0 comments:

Post a Comment