Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Crimson Groves by Ashley Robertson (Lori's Review)

From Goodreads:
Abigail Tate was a normal human girl. Until the day Bronx the vampire barges into her life and turns her against her will. Held captive while forced to deal with never ending cravings for blood, Abby prays for a way to escape. Only when an opportunity arises, it's with the aid of an innocent human named Tyler--except vampires are forbidden to interact with the unbitten. But Abby quickly learns this human has secrets of his own...secrets that can either help her or get her killed. Only Abby discovers that she was the one with the biggest secret of them all.

Lori's Review: 5 stars
When I started Crimson Groves I totally thought I was going to give this book 3 stars. I liked it but I was not in love with it. Once I got over the hump (which is only a few short chapters) I was sucked in. I was invested in Abby's story. I was cheering for her. I wanted that creep Bronx dead as a doornail and I wanted Abby to kill him. I was cheering, laughing, groaning with the story. I hid in my bedroom, I hid in the bathroom, I hid wherever I could just to be able to read more of this book. My poor daughter was neglected because of Abby. LOL. What a wild ride. Bronx was a beautifully written badie. He was honestly the most rounded out character, and I hated him. Abby was relatedable. I loved Stone. I didn't like Tyler. I can't even tell you why and why not I feel this way about any of these characters. There is no way to do so without giving away too much.
This book was well written and edited. No distracting typos. You can tell that Ms. Robertson cares about her characters and her fans. She truly has a knack for writing the supernatural. She writes monsters but gives them humanity. Or not. Depending on the need of the story. While these books are more romance than horror she CAN write horror. She has a true monster here in this book. Her vampires are completely cabable of horrible things. They are also capable of love. I cannot gush enough about this book.
I cannot wait to read the next book. Thank you Ashley for seeking me out to review your books. I greatly enjoyed them.

Uhh I can't believe how short my reviews are for her books...but seriously I can't say anything without giving too much away. JUST READ THEM!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment