Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Review: Fallenmore by Lucy Swing (Lori's Review)



Title: Fallenmore
Author: Lucy Swing
Genre: YA PNR
Source: Author provided review copy
Published: July, 2012
Rating: Epic badassery numero 5
Blurb: When darkness consumes you; will it be hard to find the light?
After Jade's world was torn apart, she is unsure of where she belongs, if anywhere at all. Deceived by those she trusted the most, she must now accept her fate and the life that lays before her.The voices are back but this time, they are trying to lure her into the darkness. But could they be telling her the truth? That the only person she has been able to trust since the death of her boyfriend, Avan, is lying to her too? If the voices are right... Could she really trust him? 
In Fallenmore, the second book in the Feathermore Trilogy, Jade will embark in a quest through the pits of Hell. The question now is: once she is in, will they ever let her out?



Lori's review:
Holy sh*t, mother loving, all things good, sugar spice and everything wonderful epicity epic that book rocked my socks off and melted my face. Hardcore!

Blake is my newest book boyfriend. Hands off. I may have to get moody and handsy with you if you try and steal him. I swear.
Lucy Swing took complexity, badassery, humanity and hot boys by the horns and just dominated the sh*t out of them. Not only did the characters grow and mature but so did her writing. I really liked the first book, I f*cking loved this book. L.O.V.E. (cue horrible Ashlee Simpson song). Brrrappp...that's the machine gun fire going off in my brain about this book. I read it in less than a day. 4 hours to be exact.
Jade is no longer a girl who is maybe a little whiney. She just does what she has to do. She's pretty blind about some stuff and quite honestly, gets herself into a bunch of trouble.

The book opens where the last book ends, kind of. Jade goes in and out of consciousness. When she finally wakes Blake is there by her side. No longer a figment or shadow. He embraces the role of guardian and all around temptation. Jade avoids Claire and Nate like the plague. If she does get around them she feels the darkness entering her and she knows that she may kill them. She doesn't act on this whim because she will feel remorse. She does it because Blake often holds her back. He forces her hand quiet often he keeps her on the straight and narrow. He takes his shirt offfffffffffff......................................................................................................hmmm. What? What were we talking about?
I love that Ms. Swing is able to make her YA books STEAMY without even a brush of a boob. This is what I love about YA it's the build up...so freakin fantabulous.

I am done. I can't do this review anymore. I can't I will start spilling spoilers. The book ends on a cliff hanger and I WANT FOREVERMORE NOW!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you, Lucy Swing for letting me devour your book!



0 comments:

Post a Comment