Sunday, October 21, 2012

Review: Feathermore



Title: Feathermore
Author: Lucy Swing
Source: Author provided review copy
Genre: YA/PNR
Rating: 4 Stars
Blurb: When the one thing you live for is taken from you, do you let it go or do you fall?Jade, like any other student at Brushwood High, awaits the start of the school year with a certain measure of dread. Worse, she is being threatened by a voice that only she can hear—a voice that lurks at the edges of her awareness, haunting her and warning her of something unknown. She has always been able to count on her two best friends, Claire and Nate, but can she confide in them now? About this? Would they even believe her?Life takes a turn for the better when she meets Avan, a darkly handsome new student who, somehow, seems to drown out the voice and make her feel at ease.But Jade soon comes to realize that good things don’t last forever. When everything spirals out of control, she is shattered by something she never saw coming. Dazed and despairing, she must now overcome tragedy and embrace her true existence and a new but dangerous love. Will she be able to save herself and those she loves, before it’s too late? Or will she let the surrounding darkness consume her?

Lori's Review:



I really liked this book. Like Lindsay I can be wary of angel stories but this one kinda rocked. Yes it did.
I really liked Jade she wasn't all pure and sweet. She thinks some pretty crappy thoughts about people. She is a normal 17 year old.
I don't know about Avan. I was really digging on this mysterious Blake....but then he kinda just disappeared. Where did he go? I hope he is the next book. Either way the boys are totally swoon worthy.
Claire and Nate had a tendency to get on my nerves.
The writing was excellent. Ms. Swing has a wonderful voice. It pulled me right in. It kept me there too. I wanted to know what was going to happen next. I would pick it up as soon as I had a chance. It wasn't what I expected either. I definitely did not see it taking many of the turns that it did take. It is quite different than most of the other angel books out there.
The world building was good. I could easily picture the forest that is used as a battleground. There is a moment of real gore.
I was a little confused by the chapters that were told from Lilith's POV. There weren't that many and they just seemed to stop.
The ending was EPIC. I loved what happened.
Overall this is a solid book that I think a lot of people would enjoy reading.
Recommended for a rainy day.





1 comments:

  1. Thank you, Lori for such an amazing review!!! I am so glad you have enjoyed Feathermore :)

    ReplyDelete