Tuesday, July 2, 2013

UtopYA the Recap Post

So I went to UtopYA this past weekend. And it was pretty epic. There were tons of classes where we could learn writing craft, and few geared toward bloggers. But for me the major growth and learning process happened for me in just getting there. It's no secret I am a hermit. I hate crowds. I hate people, and I hate places that have those. I suffer from a pretty bad case of social anxiety. I have a hard time going into places on my own. So flying on my own. HUGE deal. Meeting people I have only ever connected with via the computer HUGE deal. Approaching authors I love HUGE deal.
Luckily Team Zombie Slut is cool as hell, and I could just be my normal stupid self. Thanks girls for encouraging me to be awkward otherwise this......
would never have happened. This nice gentleman is the cover model for Frankie Rose's Eternal Hope!

I wouldn't be me if I didn't make the poor shirtless boy feel awkward. But honestly, people were licking him. So my dino pose was probably the tamest thing to happen to him.

I wish I could say that I was little miss social butterfly, but that's not me. That is, however, Ren Reidy. Who I finally got to meet in person. LOVE HER!!! She has the cutest accent, wears the cutest dresses, has the most adorable "road rage", and was just amazing. So kind.

Annie Walls has the best laugh! Ever. So glad I got to crack her up the whole weekend!!!
And Yes, I got to hang out with her and Alexia Purdy all weekend long. Add Ren into that mix and it was super epic!!!

And I met all these amazing authors too:
Jennifer L. Armentrout



Tiffany King
L.P. Dover, Tabatha Vargo, and Melissa Andrea
Frankie Rose was such a sweetie and knew who I was. Mind Blown!
Adam Kunz
Jessica Sorensen  

Samantha Young!







3 comments:

  1. It looks like you had fun! And I have to give you credit; I have a similar fear. I honestly would have a hard time going as an author without worrying no one would want my books lol. Next year I will go for sure though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great, Lori!! I'm proud of you, in a totally emotional cheezy way! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous! And these cons are so great for just getting ideas and meeting people. I hope it really made you feel awesome or epic or whatever ;)

    ReplyDelete